Art Directors must have 5+ years of experience designing for interactive media and a thorough understanding of branding, usability, information architecture, and typography. Art Directors work proactively and collaboratively with HCI, Project Management, Content, and Technical team members—starting at concept development and working through design development and production—to formulate a strategic, elegant, highly usable and technically feasible design solution.
- Leading the development of concepts and refinement of design directions;
- Organizing and leading client presentations;
- Delegating responsibilities and providing direction to up to five designers and the production team to develop design solutions that meet the clients’ requirements and specifications;
- Managing and providing direction to designers and senior designers in career aspects such as new hire integration, staffing, training, career development and role growth;
- Leading and maintaining design direction and development through all phases of a project;
- Understanding both business and user goals (and, as appropriate, helping to define/refine same with other team members);
- Participating in user studies with HCI Specialists and Information Architects to understand user behaviors/preferences and the ability to build, from this understanding, informed user interface solutions;
- Working collaboratively with the HCI and Information Architects in developing interface functionality;
- Visualizing concepts quickly and cleanly through sketching and other rapid prototyping methods;
- Leading and mentoring Senior Designers, Designers and Design Interns in the above activities; and
- Interviewing and assessing potential new hires for the Design Department.
Candidates should possess the following:
- 5+ years of professional experience designing for interactive media;
- 2+ years of experience managing and mentoring others;
- Strong understanding of designing site architectures, user interfaces, and intuitive navigation schemes;
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and QuarkXpress;
- Ability to research, understand and organize specialized content;
- Excellent writing, speaking, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Other Beneficial Skills
- Working knowledge of Director, Flash, HTML and other interaction development tools;
- Illustration, animation and photography experience.
Submit your CV
[contact-form 2 "cvform1" class:myclass]